- The Genesis - Britannia established with an investment of Rs. 295 in Kolkata
- Advent of electricity sees operations mechanised
- Imported machinery introduced; Britannia becomes the first company East of the Suez to use gas ovens
| 1939 - 44
- Sales rise exponentially to Rs.16,27,202 in 1939
- During 1944 sales ramp up by more than eight times to reach Rs.1.36 crore
- Britannia Biscuit Company takes over biscuit distribution from Parry's
- Public issue - Indian shareholding crosses 60%
- Re-christened Britannia Industries Ltd. (BIL)
- The Executive Office relocated to Bangalore
- BIL celebrates its Platinum Jubilee
- Wadia Group acquires stake in ABIL, UK and becomes an equal partner with Groupe Danone in BIL
- Volumes cross 1,00,000 tons of biscuits
- Re-birth - new corporate identity 'Eat Healthy, Think Better' leads to new mission: 'Make every third Indian a Britannia consumer'
- BIL enters the dairy products market
- "Britannia Khao World Cup Jao" - a major success! Profit up by 37%
- Forbes Global Ranking - Britannia among Top 300 small companies
- BIL ranked one of India's biggest brands
- No.1 food brand of the country
- Britannia Lagaan Match: India's most successful promotional activity of the year
- Maska Chaska: India's most successful FMCG launch
| 2002|| |
- BIL launches joint venture with Fonterra, the world's second largest dairy company
- Britannia New Zealand Foods Pvt. Ltd. is born
- Rated as 'One amongst the Top 200 Small Companies of the World' by Forbes Global
- Economic Times ranks BIL India's 2nd Most Trusted Brand
- Pure Magic -Winner of the Worldstar, Asiastar and Indiastar award for packaging
| 2003|| |
- 'Treat Duet'- most successful launch of the year
- Britannia Khao World Cup Jao rocks the consumer lives yet again
| 2004|| |
- Britannia accorded the status of being a 'Superbrand'
- Volumes cross 3,00,000 tons of biscuits
- Good Day adds a new variant - Choconut - in its range
| 2005|| |
- Re-birth of Tiger - 'Swasth Khao, Tiger Ban Jao' becomes the popular chant!
- Britannia launched 'Greetings' range of premium assorted gift packs
- The new plant in Uttaranchal, commissioned ahead of schedule.
- The launch of yet another exciting snacking option - Britannia 50-50 Pepper Chakkar
| 2006|| |
- Britannia re-launched NutriChoice Hi-Fibre Digestive biscuits in an international large sized biscuit pack.
- Britannia acquires 51% stake in Bangalore-based bakery foods retailer Daily Bread.
| 2007|| |
- Britannia industries formed a joint venture with the Khimji Ramdas Group and acquired a 70 percent beneficial stake in the Dubai-based Strategic Foods International Co. LLC and 65.4% in the Oman-based Al Sallan Food Industries Co. SAOG.
- Britannia NutriChoice SugarOut range introduced - 1st of its kind of biscuits to be be launched in India with "No Added Sugar" (Variants - Chocolate Cream, Orange Cream, and Litetime)
| 2008|| |
- Britannia NutriChoice 5 Grain biscuits launched - Biscuits with the goodness of 5 health Cereals, and sweetened with Natural honey. Britannia Nutrichoice promised consumers "Bhook Bhagao, Kuch Healthy Khao"
- Britannia launched Iron fortified 'Tiger Banana' biscuits, 'Good Day Classic Cookies', Low Fat Dahi and renovated 'MarieGold'.
| 2009|| |
- Britannia Launches ActiMind - A first of its kind milk based health drink for kids, which helps improve mental sharpness. Launch of ActiMind marked Britannia's entry into the beverage segment and has further extended its credo of 'Eat Healthy, Think Better' to 'Drink Healthy, Think Better' as well!!
- Britannia NutriChoice Nature Spice Crackers launched - Your favorite Cream Crackers, now made even more exciting with the addition of "Sabut" Ajwain and Jeera spices.
- Britannia takes full control of Daily Bread.
- Britannia Industries buys out New Zealand's Fonterra from existing dairy joint venture, Britannia New Zealand Foods (BNZF). BNZF became a 100 per cent Britannia subsidiary and was renamed Britannia Dairy Private Limited (BDPL).
- Recognizing the changing global trends & health benefits of removing transfats, Britannia is the first Bakery brand in India to remove transfats from its products.
- Wadia Group acquired stake holdings from Group Danone and becomes the single largest shareholder in BIL.
| 2010|| |
- 50-50 Maska Chaska was re-launched with a new masaaledar twist - a delightful blend of butter and imported flavours along with sprinkling of masala in September 2010.
- Tiger enters the Cookies category, with the launch of Krunch Cookies in October. These cookies are not only high on delight but also high on energy and have been created keeping in mind the needs of today's kids, These delightful cookies come in two exciting variants - Fruit & Nut and Chocochips and at an affordable price point of just Rs 5.
- Brand NutriChoice, in keeping with its track record of launching differentiated healthy snacks, launched Diabetic Friendly Essentials on 14th November, a day that is world over recognized as World Diabetes Day. The range comprised of 2 variants - Oats Cookies and Ragi Cookies - and is available in top Indian cities.
- Britannia was presented the Master Brand 2010 Award by CMO Council in November 2010.
- Rotary Club of Chennai awarded CSR Award to Britannia in November, for our work in nutrition.
| 2011|| |
- Always committed to constant innovation, Britannia launched Britannia Healthy Start in Mumbai in January 2011. Specially designed with Indian tastes in mind, Healthy Start is a complete range of ready-to-cook breakfast mixes of Upmas, Pohas, Porridges and Oats that are healthy, delicious, and take just 5 minutes to cook! This is the only product range in its category that combines the natural nutrition of multi-grains, 100% real vegetables, pulses and nuts all in one pack.
- Britannia received the Most Respected Company Award 2011 from Businessworld.
- Bourbon received the Most Popular Confectionery Product Preferred By Youth (Biscuit) Award.
- IMCRBNQA (Indian Merchant Chambers Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award) conferred the Manufacturing Performance Excellence Trophy a National Quality Award for the 2010 cycle, for Britannia Corporate Office (Bangalore), Britannia Industries Ltd. (Rudrapur) and Sunandram Foods Pvt Ltd (Mangaldoi, Guwahati).
- Britannia further enhanced its foray into healthy milk based drinks by launching TigerZor Choco Milk & TigerZor Badam Milk in May 2011. These are delicious milk based beverages fortified with 5 active nutrients that help in the overall development of mind and body.
- Britannia Bread launched its new range of Health Breads in Delhi in November. The range consists of Honey & Oats Bread, Multi-Grain Bread, 100% Whole Wheat Bread and Multi-Fiber Bread.
- Delhi factory was adjudged as the winner for Outstanding Performance in Food Safety Excellence in the category of 'Large Food Businesses- Manufacturing', by CII. JBM was also recognized with Commendation Certificate for Strong Commitment to Excel in the Category of 'Medium Food Businesses- Manufacturing' for the year 2011. The awards were given at the CII National Quality Summit held at Bangalore on 1st December 2011.
- BRITANNIA was honoured with `CREATIVE HR PRACTICES AWARD' by Employer Branding Institute, India, on the occasion of 6th Employer Branding Awards ceremony held on the 10th of December 2011 at Hotel Taj Deccan, Hyderabad.
| 2012|| |
- IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award 2011 was awarded to Britannia Industries Limited, Bangalore, Bidadi, Delhi, Gwalior & Khopoli in the Manufacturing Category, at the Fifteenth IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Awards and IMC Juran Quality Medal ceremony held in Mumbai on 6th April 2012.
- Britannia Industries Limited Khurda was commissioned on 17th April 2012.
- The Modern Trade team of Britannia was honoured with Winner-BEST BAKERY SUPPLIER award for the year 2011-12, at the 1st SPENCER'S Best Supplier Awards 2012 on 22nd June.
- Britannia was awarded the Global Performance Excellence Award (GPEA) by Asia Pacific Quality Organization (APQO) at the 18th APQO/International Conference on Quality in Colombo, Sri Lanka on October 14. Britannia won this "Best In Class" award, an international recognition for its manufacturing units and the overall processes of performance excellence adopted by the company. Britannia is the only Indian food and manufacturing company to receive this award.
- Britannia won Global award given out by 'World Quality Congress' at their award ceremony at Mumbai held on 22nd and 23rd November 2012.
| 2013|| |
- On the 17th January 2013, Britannia Industries Ltd, Kolkata was selected the winner of the GOLDEN PEACOCK NATIONAL QUALITY AWARD for the year 2012 by the Awards Jury under the Chairmanship of Justice P. N. Bhagwati, former Chief Justice of India and Member, UN Human Rights Commission.
- Britannia was awarded "Manufacturing Supply Chain Award for End to End Customer Solution Excellence" on 23rd January 2013 at the Asia Manufacturing Supply Chain Summit (AMSCS) held in Mumbai.
- Britannia bagged two National Quality Excellence Awards for 2013- one for Best End-to-End Customer Solution (Supply Chain), and the second, for Planning, Processes and Systems - on 14th February 2013 at Taj Lands End, Mumbai
- We won the Namma Bengaluru Award for 2012, at the award ceremony held on 16th March 2013 in Bengaluru, in the Corporate Social Responsibility category for initiating and implementing Solid Waste Management.
- Britannia bagged the prestigious IWLF Award for 'Solid Waste Management Project' and 'BNF' project at the International Women Leadership Forum held in Mumbai on 25th April 2013.